Chia is a species of flowering plant in the mint family, Lamiaceae, native to the center and south of Mexico and Guatemala that was cultivated by Aztecs and Mayas in pre-Columbian times. Currently, it is produced in countries such as Mexico, Argentina, Paraguay, Bolivia, Ecuador and Peru. Chia seeds tastes good, and can be a valuable addition to the diet.
Human health benefits
- Is a great source of Omega 3.
- Does not contain gluten in its chemical composition.
- Contains calcium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin A, potassium, magnesium, niacin and zinc.
- Helps control cholesterol levels.
- Regulates the immune system.
All year round.
Packaging for Andean Grains. Presentations from 250g to 50kg, according to customer requirements.